Our team of seasoned litigators has years of experience in zealously representing companies and individuals facing the prospect of financial ruin, incarceration, and the stigma of conviction. Our depth of experience—including successes in the courtroom and in out-of-court discussions with prosecutors and law enforcement officers—gives you the means to combat even the most relentless prosecutors employing the government’s virtually unlimited resources. We come prepared to fight, and we mount a vigorous defense from initial investigation through trial and, when necessary, appeal.
HWG’s extensive white-collar defense experience includes representing clients throughout the investigative process, presenting their views during pre-indictment proceedings to prosecutors making critical charging decisions and, when necessary, mounting an aggressive defense at trial. While our experience in negotiating with the government during the initial stages of investigations often enables us to avoid the filing of charges, the depth and breadth of our courtroom experience in criminal matters allows us to handle any matter for clients both large and small.
- Representing client indicted for multiple counts of manslaughter for actions arising out of service protecting U.S. Department of State diplomats in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Represented one of the defendants in S. v. Price, Zaborsky & Ward, a high-profile obstruction of justice case in the District of Columbia Superior Court. At the conclusion of the two-month trial, the defendant was found not guilty.
- Obtained a reversal of conviction for a juvenile defendant in an assault-with-intent-to-kill case.
- Negotiated favorable plea in internet pharmacy case.
- Obtained dismissal of all charges in a cigarette smuggling case.
- Won jury acquittal of all charges in assault-with-intent-to-kill case.
- Avoided indictment and any other adverse consequences for subject of Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation related to municipal water authority’s certifications to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding drinking water.