Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP is honored to be recognized by Chambers USA as a Band 1 law firm in the practice area of “Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite” for the ninth consecutive year. Chambers USA also recognizes nine HWG attorneys for legal excellence this year among the country’s premier law firms and legal practitioners.
The following attorneys were ranked by Chambers USA:
- Scott Blake Harris – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. As chairman and a founding partner of HWG, Harris has been hailed as a “creative genius” and was selected by President Barack Obama to serve as General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Thomas G. Connolly – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations. Described as “a very gifted lawyer,” Connolly is cited by peers as having “a knack for engaging with individual clients, and at making very common-sense arguments to the court. I would want to work with him in virtually any case.”
- Paul Margie – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. Margie is recognized as “one of the top spectrum lawyers in the US; he is very highly regarded by the FCC and that is extremely valuable,” and they say: “He has a lot of credibility with regulators and rightly so.”
- John T. Nakahata – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. As the head of HWG’s telecom practice, Nakahata is described as “extremely well respected in the industry and at the FCC. His knowledge of how to navigate the FCC process is invaluable. He is highly ethical and understands our business. He is a brilliant lawyer and has excellent command of the details.”
- Patrick O’Donnell – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations. O’Donnell is described as “extremely dogged, very detail-oriented and very creative in his approaches,” and is “not afraid to just push through on investigations and run everything down.”
- William M. Wiltshire – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. Wiltshire is managing partner of HWG. A Chambers reference said he is “creative, responsive and very knowledgeable” and they appreciate his “sound legal advice.”
- Christopher J. Wright – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite; Appellate Law. Wright is praised for being “thoughtful, insightful and helpful” as both an appellate and communications lawyer.
Additionally, Brita Strandberg and Amy Richardson were each named by the publication as a “Recognized Practitioner” in the areas of Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite for D.C. and Litigation: General Commercial for North Carolina, respectively.
The full Chambers USA firm profile and rankings can be found here. A description of the selection methodology Chambers uses can be found here. No aspect of this publication has been approved by any court or bar.
* * *
About Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis
Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP is a nationally recognized communications, information technology, international investment/national security, and litigation law firm. The firm’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, investors, trade associations, and non-profit organizations. As former senior government officials, federal prosecutors, Congressional counsel, and experienced litigators, HWG lawyers advise their clients on how government decision makers think, how legal and political institutions work in the real world, and how those institutions can affect a transaction or business plan. For more information, please visit www.hwglaw.com.